[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[modeling-pmc] non respect of the API freeze by EMF Facet
- From: GrÃgoire DupÃ <gdupe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 10:19:39 +0200 (CEST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Regarding the development plan, the development of EMF Facet 0.2 is relay late. Main enhancements required by Papyrus have not been achieved before M6. We are not so far to finish, but we need to commit modifications which would not respect the M6 API freeze:
1) The plug-in org.eclipse.emf.facet.aggregate.ui has been released (in 0.2 M6) but it is totally useless and it doesnât contain any public API. It would be really useful to remove it in the M7 release but another project may have a dependency to the plug-in 'org.eclipse.emf.facet.aggregate.ui'.
Cf. Bug 376574 - [Aggregate] Removing of the plug-in org.eclipse.emf.facet.aggregate.ui (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=376574)
2) The meta-model contained in aggregate-0.2.0.ecore contains too many useless attributes and references. It would be helpful to remove them rather than have to deal with them (for the users and the maintainers).
Cf. Bug 376575 - [Aggregate] aggregate-0.2.0.ecore cleanning (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=376575)
3) In the facet meta-model, the eReference Facet::extendedFacet hasnât the right multiplicity (should be -1 instead of 1).
Cf. Bug 376576 - [EFacet] Change the multiplicity of Facet::extendedFacet (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=376576)
4) The interface org.eclipse.emf.facet.efacet.metamodel.v0_2_0.efacet.query.QueryPackage is not marked with the tags â@noimplementâ and â@noextendâ. This avoids adding new eClasses without to break the API. It would be really useful to add them before the M7 release.
Cf. Bug 376577 - [EFacet] '@noimplement' and '@noextend' in QueryPackage (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=376577)
To my mind it would better for the community to do the changes now (before M7) rather to get ugly features for a few years. Furthermore, EMF Facet is in the incubation state. I think we should benefit from this state to provide an as clean as possible product.
That is why I ask the PMC to allow the project 'EMF Facet' to not respect the API freeze.