Re: [modeling-pmc] Action items for the Juno release

Graphiti also successfully migrated from CVS to Git (about a month ago). What Ed wrote regarding their experiences with Git is also valid for us.

Michael

From: modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ed Willink
Sent: Dienstag, 30. August 2011 18:27
To: PMC members mailing list
Subject: Re: [modeling-pmc] Action items for the Juno release

3) GIT migration

I cannot find the reference, perhaps someone can help me, but we have a mandate to migrate from CVS to GIT. Has this been a successful migration?

EMF Compare and Acceleo have successfully migrated .

MDT/OCL migrated immediately after Indigo, hit some admin hiccoughs and then familiarisation issues. It briefly appeared not fit for purpose, but now that I've learnt to use the history view I'm coming round to quite like EGIT. The EGIT guides seem to lack direct relevance to Eclipse-hosted projects so http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/OCL/Dev/EGit provides complementary documentation on how we seem to need to work; but we're still learning.

     Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top