[modeling-pmc] Action items for the Juno release

Hi Team,

It has been a while since our last modeling PMC meeting. We likely should schedule one next month to prepare for the Juno release.

Traditionally, the modeling projects in the yearly simultaneous release shared many common aspects in their release. I would like to confirm we all intend to do the same thing during Juno.

Off the top of my head, there are currently three, maybe there are more?

1) Platform Support

Eclipse 4.2 is the primary platform, the one used for EPP Packages. ( see http://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/August_03_2011 ) We need a statement in our release plans with regards to Eclipse 3.8. Historically, we have communicated that we have no interest in actively supporting modeling on multiple versions of platforms. Are we all going to go with "No support for 3.8 based apps." or something else?

2) Builds on 4.2

Since we ship on 4.2, we need to move our builds to 4.2. Has there been success so far? We used to have a common modeling build, but since then, we have many build technologies. I am looking for something that works on 4.2 for some of the projects I lead.

3) GIT migration

I cannot find the reference, perhaps someone can help me, but we have a mandate to migrate from CVS to GIT. Has this been a successful migration?

Cheers...
Anthony

Back to the top