Re: [modeling-pmc] Summary of Key Indigo Modeling Features

Hi Ian,

Xtext 2.0 comes out with Indigo. It contains a lot of new cool features and improvements:

- Rename Refactoring
- parsing and linking is much much faster and uses much less memory.
- Rich hovers with HTML support
- Diffs with full editor support
- auto editing, mark occurrences, new outline framework, etc.

The most important addition is Xbase (see http://blog.efftinge.de/2010/09/xbase-new-programming-language.html), which is a reusable base language.
It allows people to embed real expressions in arbitrary places within any DSL.

We built Xtend with it which is a bit more than just a successor to M2T Xpand (see http://blog.efftinge.de/2011/04/eclipse-xtend-beta-available.html).

Please ask if you need more details :-)

Regards,
Sven