Re: [modeling-pmc] Modeling Project Stats

Hi Ian,

At least for Acceleo, this line count isn't right. Your Stack on ohloh indicates that you found the Acceleo project as it was before entering Eclipse (http://www.ohloh.net/p/acceleo), this is our version 2. The Acceleo project we committed, develop and maintain in Eclipse is the version 3, which you can find in ohloh at http://www.ohloh.net/p/acceleo-eclipse (we wanted to really dissociate the two).

Acceleo 3 is mentionned on its Ohloh main page to have 163k LoC.

I don't know whether this metric is really what you seek though : ohloh takes everything into account : XML, HTML, Java, CSS ... that might be present in the repository. For a project such as Acceleo, that's 96k lines of Java, 50k lines of XML, 16k lines of HTML ... see the "code analysis" page of the ohloh project.  Thus, this count takes the "HTML" documentation into account ... but not the comment lines in Java files for example, which also are documentation. That doesn't tell us how many of these lines are tests either.

Just my 2 cents, up to you to see if this really is what you want for metrics ^^.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo