Re: [modeling-pmc] Capabilities

Ed,

Thx for your efforts. I guess that this is not a good time to get ride on this, so I hope this may be considered as a plan item for the next release. As occurred in Galileo, it's the only way to make all the projects participate in the task of including capabilities in our product.

The only doubt is... should we (MDT/OCL) give up incorporating the capabilities into Helios by ourself ?. I think I'll simply prepare the plugin and features to be incorporated into Amalgamation in the future and of course we will have to document in the wiki how a product/package must configure their activities/category to incorporate MDT/OCL capabilities.

I'm curious what happens if "the same category" is defined multiple times?  Do they get merged?  If so, then simply by agreeing to a convention (category names/IDs) projects could duplicate the definition of the category to ensure that regardless of what else is installed, their capabilities will be categorized.

I'm not sure how capabilities mechanisms deal with several categories (and activities) with the same ID. What happens if they have a different name and description to show in the UI ?. I'll do some experiments to see what happens ;P

Cheers,
Adolfo.
--

Adolfo Sánchez-Barbudo Herrera