Re: [modeling-pmc] Transition Plan for MDT OCL and EMF "QTV" Components?

Hi Team,

Following from Ed's last email, I thought it would be good to send on a more formal email expressing my personal interest in the EMF Query, Transaction, and Validation components.

I am pretty sure most of you know who I am, but for those that do not, I am a software development manager at IBM Rational Software in Canada. I am the lead for the Eclipse GMF Runtime and Eclipse GEF projects. I am also the committer responsible for the Tabbed Properties View in the Eclipse platform. I am on the Eclipse tools PMC and represent tools within the Eclipse Planning Council.

I have been actively working with the Eclipse platform since before its inception (remember when it was called etools at IBM?). I have worked on many major software development tools based on Eclipse over the years, such as WebSphere Studio Application Developer and IBM Rational XDE. Currently, my main product focus is IBM Rational Software Architect, but my product components are in many IBM Rational products.

At IBM, I manage the EMF Query, Transaction, and Validation components. It is my responsibility to bring these components into IBM for use as a platform by IBM products. It is my responsibility to ensure that these components are at a high quality, as they are now. This is where my commitment comes in for these components.

In the short team I plan to help complete the action items needed to release these Eclipse components for Galileo. We already missed the M7 builds, so I want to make sure the RC builds get done. We need to update the IP logs. We need to make sure we have completed the appropriate Bugzillas. We also need to make sure we have a plan in place for the SR1 and SR2 maintenance releases.

In the longer team, The IBM will be accessing what further contributions we want to make to the project. At minimum we need to contribute to evolving the requests that the new committers will bring. As an example, I already know that the new EMF Query committers will want to integrate with the EMF Index. My task here will be to review the code and help ensure the feature maintains the high standards that EMF delivers in Galileo.

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Software Development Manager: Eclipse Open Source Components

Back to the top