[modeling-pmc] Re: Question related to the VIATRA2 GMT component

Title: Re: Question related to the VIATRA2 GMT component
Including modeling-pmc mailing list.

Hi Daniel,

You can start by verifying that contributions made to the VIATRA component and which are in the Eclipse CVS repository and/or available on the Eclipse download site were processed in accordance with the guidelines posted here: http://www.eclipse.org/legal/committerguidelines.php.  Specifically, see the “Due Diligence Procedures” section, which includes a link to the handy IP poster: http://www.eclipse.org/legal/EclipseLegalProcessPoster-v3.2.pdf

Unless the VIATRA component was started from scratch and all code contributed to CVS was done by Committers following the development process, VIATRA should have at least one contribution questionnaire in IPZilla: https://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla/  At present, there are only 2 CQs in the IPZilla repository for all of GMT (GEMS and UMLX).

Some notes on VIATRA after a quick look in CVS and the download site:

It seems it will take some efforts on your part to fully come up to speed on the process and guidelines, which is the responsibility of each Committer to be aware of and follow.  Another point to consider is that they change occasionally, as you are undoubtedly becoming painfully aware, with increasing pressure on timely adherence.  Sorry if this seems daunting, but the cleanup of GMT components has become a top priority so that we can maintain the high standards the community has come to expect from Eclipse.

Best Regards,
Rich