Re: [modeling-pmc] Call summary - 17 July 2007

-1 for me.

I would like to discuss this at our next PMC meeting.

For me the withdrawal of Thales is a major modification here
that deeply changes the nature of this project.
The new architecture of the project should be discussed.

I would welcome a discussion about the exact boundary of an MDDi project,
which I do not understand anymore very clearly.

Maybe we could consider this opportunity to redefine the exact
perimeter of this project in synch with other modeling activities
and to start again on better defined goals.

Best regards,

Jean

On 7/18/07, Richard Gronback <richard.gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry to hear this, Sebastien.  Best of luck to you.

>From our charter, it seems the best approach is to first vote as the PMC on
Xavier's appointment as Project Lead, and then inform the EMO.

+1 from me

Best Regards,
Rich

On 7/17/07 5:43 PM, "Sébastien Demathieu"
<sebastien.demathieu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,
I apologize for not making this call. I experienced technical difficulties
with the teleconference
service and I could not find a way to connect.
I wanted to let you know that I would not be able to coordinate the MDDi
project in the future.
I am strongly involved in other activities at Thales and my company
considers to stop our activities
in MDDi for the moment.
I have had a discussion with other committers for a couple of weeks on the
MDDi mailing list
(http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/mddi-dev/msg00042.html).
Xavier Blanc (LIP6) volunteered
to take the project lead and all the other committers accepted this
proposal.
I wanted to let you know and to ask you about the process in this kind of
situation.

Thanks,

Sébastien

Richard Gronback a écrit :
Call summary - 17 July 2007 Hello,

Apologies for the poor quality audio on today's call.  I've copied Bjorn to
let him know right away that we found the Asterisk Conference Call service
to be largely unusable.  In particular, we had trouble communicating with
Jean in France, who was the one we were most hoping to accommodate by using
the service.  Also, we had a bad echo and fading.  I'm sure there are some
tips/tricks we need to take advantage of, if we decide to use it again.
Bjorn, have others had success with it?

A summary of each point from our agenda:

Most agreed the basic policy for Committer removal followed by WebTools is
appropriate for our use in Modeling.  Rich will create a Wiki with the
policy for review by the PMC.
Ganymede: we'll at least do as much as we did for Europa, and continue
toward common build infrastructure, etc.  We may also want to have a
Modeling package added to EPP, and do what we can to at least appear more
unified/integrated.  Rich will update the Modeling plan for Ganymede.
Most agreed that there is not likely to be much gained by having the
Foundation vote on OMG matters on our behalf, as most contributors to
Modeling are members and vote anyway.  On the topic of coordinating with the
modeldriven.org folks, we'll look to meet with them at ESE, if not before
(Jean might have proposed something else, but it was too hard to hear him).
By the time we got to the Declarative QVT component proposal, I believe it
was down to just Ed and I on the "call".  Neither of us see any issues with
the proposal, consider Compuware to have resigned from the component, and
are happy to have it picked up by another team.

Please comment on this summary with anything I've forgotten or got wrong.

Thanks,
Rich

--
Richard C. Gronback
Borland Software Corporation

Jean Bézivin - ATLAS Group (INRIA & LINA) - University of Nantes - 2,
rue de la Houssinière
44322 Nantes cedex 3 - France
tel. +33 2 51 12 58 13 - fax. +33 2 51 12 58 12 - cell.+33 6 14 32 22 36
- e.mail: Jean.Bezivin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.sciences.univ-nantes.fr/lina/atl/ - Skype: jbezivin

Back to the top