Re: [modeling-pmc] Ramp down policy reminder

+1

Re-reading the policy, it's clear that the intention was in fact for the criteria to be made more stringent with each RC release (was June 1 perhaps a typo?):

  • As each Release Candidate passes, the criteria for weighing the benefit-to-risk ratio criteria gets higher and higher, and as such requires a larger number of PMC members to review.
    • May 18th, RC 1 produced
    After the 18th, besides the normal component team review, at least 1 PMC member must also review and vote +1 after reviewing the bug for appropriateness and risk.
    • May 25
    • June 1
    After June 1, besides the normal component team review, at least 2 PMC members must also review and vote +1 after reviewing the bug for appropriateness and risk.
    • June 8
    • June 15
    After the 15th, besides the normal component team review, at least 3 PMC member must also review and vote +1 after reviewing the bug for appropriateness and risk.
    • June 22
    Do zip, update, site preparations
    • June 29
    Release
    Retrieved from "http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Modeling_Project_Ramp_Down_Policy"

    The bar dates, on the whole, should perhaps be (have been) May 28, June 7, June 15, but I think that each project/component should apply the criteria based on their specific RC dates - i.e. once a given RC has been declared for a project/component, the criteria for that level of RC applies.

    Cheers,

    Kenn Hussey

    Senior Software Developer
    Rational Software, IBM Software Group

    770 Palladium Drive
    Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1C8

    T: (613) 599-3980  F: (613) 599-3912

    Richard Gronback <richard.gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    Sent by: modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

    06/01/2007 11:13 AM

    Please respond to
    PMC members mailing list <modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    cc
    "GMF Project developer discussions." <gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject
    Re: [modeling-pmc] Ramp down policy reminder

    I agree it’s a little restrictive, which is why I cc’d the PMC mailing list (hoping for this response).  I’m for changing the 2 PMC member vote requirement until after June 7th (Europa RC2 release).

    Others in favor?

    And, to answer Anthony’s question about those already submitted, I’m in favor of an amnesty program as well. :)

    Thanks,
    Rich