Re: [modeling-pmc] Ramp down policy reminder

Rich,

I know the policy explicitly mentions June 1 (an arbitrary date), but it seems to me that the intention was that after RC2, approval from two PMC members is required... and the RC2 date is different for different projects/components (i.e. "+1" vs. "+2"). Would it be possible to ammend the policy accordingly?

Cheers,

Kenn Hussey

Senior Software Developer
Rational Software, IBM Software Group

770 Palladium Drive
Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1C8

T: (613) 599-3980  F: (613) 599-3912

Richard Gronback <richard.gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/01/2007 09:46 AM

Please respond to
PMC members mailing list <modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[modeling-pmc] Ramp down policy reminder

Hi All,

Just a reminder that after today (June 1st), we’re in the 2 PMC members required to submit fixes zone:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Modeling_Project_Ramp_Down_Policy

Bugs being resolved now (in the RC phase) need to be flagged in Bugzilla with a “?” and a PMC member’s email (mine, for GMF) to the right.  After today, you’ll need to solicit another friendly PMC member to get approval before submitting patches.

The good news is, you don’t need any approval to submit documentation, so now’s a good time to do it ;-)

Thanks,
Rich
--
Richard C. Gronback