RE: [modeling-pmc] FW: Teneo

Hi Bogdan,

Please be assured that Teneo is welcome at Eclipse, that we understand the
goals of the project, and that we appreciate the value that it brings to our
community.

In my view alarm is being raised unnecessarily.  There are changes being
contemplated as to whether code that an end user is required to download
(e.g. Hibernate) must receive our regular due diligence review and approval.
There has been some lack of clarity in this area and we are planning to put
together clear guidelines.

These guidelines will be discussed at the May Board meeting, at which both
Ed Merks (as an elected committer board rep) and Richard Gronback (as
Borland's board rep) are invited to attend and participate in.  These
guidelines have not been finalized so we don't yet know what, if any impact
there will be on the Teneo project. (For example, do we grandfather existing
projects?)

Once any impact has been identified it will be communicated clearly to the
project(s) affected.

Mike Milinkovich
Executive Director
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.