Re: [modeling-pmc] Re: JCRManagement Project Pre-Proposal

Sandro,

It's probably a good idea for you to come to our next PMC meeting so we can
all talk about this.    The call-in information is at

   http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Modeling_PMC_Meeting%2C_2007-02-20

Does that work for you?

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

             Sandro Böhme
             <sandro.boehme@gm
             x.de>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
             modeling-pmc-boun                                          cc
             ces@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [modeling-pmc] Re:
             02/06/2007 04:27          JCRManagement Project Pre-Proposal
             PM

             Please respond to
             sandro.boehme@gmx
                .de; Please
                respond to
                PMC members
               mailing list
             <modeling-pmc@ecl
                 ipse.org>

>>From my perspective, while I find the proposal interesting, I wonder
about
> popularity and diversity from a contribution standpoint.  Also, is there
an
As the JCR Browser gets integrated into the Eclipse Corona project I
participated in the their weekly telephone conference. There they told
me, that they are interested in using the JCR Management project. I
think with Corona and Apogee I have some interesting use cases to align
the requirements of the JCR Management project in more detail.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Development_Process_2006_Revision_Final#Pr

> oject_Lifecycle
>
> I look forward to hearing more.
>
> Best Regards,
> Rich
>

> On 1/28/07 8:41 AM, "Ed Merks" <merks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Sandro,
>>
>>I see.  That makes sense.  I'll have some discussions with a few people
and
>>then likely I'll have some follow-up questions shortly.  I'll be
interested
>>in comments from the other PMC members...
>>

>>Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
>>mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
>>905-413-3265  (t/l 969)
>>

>>             Sandro Böhme
>>             <sandro.boehme@gm
>>             x.de>
>>                                       Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
>>             01/27/2007 12:33
cc
>>             PM                        modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject
>>                                       Re: JCRManagement Project
>>             Please respond to         Pre-Proposal
>>             sandro.boehme@gmx
>>                    .de
>>

>>Hi Ed,
>>
>>Apogee's scope are "only" ECM systems while using a fixed domain model.
>>The scope of the JCRManagement project is to create arbitary domain
>>models and it is open to every kind of application - not "only" ECM
>>system. The idea is more to enhance the modelling projects with the
>>integration of the JCR - similar to the Teneo project which integrates
>>relational databases with hibernate.
>>
>>Bye,
>>
>>Sandro
>>
>>Ed Merks wrote:
>>
>>>Sandro,
>>>
>>>I did see that, but I didn't follow the discussion link and should have.
>>>I think this probably argues that the best fit for this proposal would
be
>>>as part of the Apogee project.  Does that make sense to you, or are you
>>>looking for something a little different?
>>>

>>>Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
>>>mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
>>>905-413-3265  (t/l 969)
>>>

>>>             Sandro Böhme
>>
>>>             <sandro.boehme@gm
>>
>>>             x.de>

>>>                                       Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
>>
>>>             01/27/2007 11:55
>>
>>cc
>>
>>>             AM                        sandro.boehme@xxxxxxxxx,
>>
>>>                                       modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>Subject
>>
>>>             Please respond to         Re: JCRManagement Project
>>
>>>             sandro.boehme@gmx         Pre-Proposal
>>
>>>                    .de
>>

>>>Hi Ed,
>>>
>>>thanks for your feedback. I had the same concerns when I heared about
>>>Apogee. But I discussed it with them and found out, that they do have a
>>>more high level scope and that the JCRM project could be useful for
>>>them. You will find the details about it in the last chapter of my
>>>proposal. Maybe you missed it as it is quite short. There is also a link
>>>to the discussion in the mailing list where I still called my project
>>>JCR Explorer.
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Sandro
>>>
>>>PS: You don't need to work on the weekend for this proposal.
>>>
>>>--
>>>https://www.xing.com/profile/Sandro_Boehme
>>>http://www.linkedin.com/in/sandroboehme
>>>http://www.wingsuit.de