RE: [modeling-pmc] Modeling Project now has an Orbit Committer

LPG 1.1 was approved for our use by Eclipse Legal, and since I do not want to dig deep into details what's the diffence between 1.0 and 1.1, I prefer using latest. Guess, I should

Artem

From: modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christian Damus
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:05 PM
To: PMC members mailing list
Subject: RE: [modeling-pmc] Modeling Project now has an Orbit Committer

Hi, Artem,

I have already contributed version 1.0 of the LPG Java Runtime to Orbit as net.sourceforge.lpg.lpgjavaruntime (on the v1_0 branch).  If it's as good as v1.1 for you (I understand the principal difference being in the documentation), then you may want to consider using that in GMF?  Otherwise, once you have obtained clearance for v1.1 (in GMF) from the EMO, then we could get that contributed, too.  In either case, GMF must obtain permission from EMO to use whichever version of this library, independently of OCL or any other project.

Of course, given that both OCL and GMF are in the Europa simultaneous release, we should agree on a common version of LPG that we can both use.

Cheers,

Christian

Christian W. Damus
Component Lead,
MDT UML2 OCL and EMFT-QTV
IBM Rational Software

"Artem Tikhomirov" <Artem.Tikhomirov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/29/06 09:48 AM

Please respond to
PMC members mailing list <modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
RE: [modeling-pmc] Modeling Project now has an Orbit Committer

Hi Christian,

 Which version of LPG you are going to contribute to the Orbit project? AFAIK, OCL component uses 1.0, is it the version being contributed? In GMF, we use LPG 1.1 now (which is almost the same as 1.0 from runtime point of view), perhaps, it makes sense to put it to the Orbit as well?

Best wishes,
Artem