[modeling-pmc] Archival of a GMT component

Dear all,

As you have seen, there are a lot of activities going on in GMT
with the recent creation of:
- the GEMS component for all kinds of interaction and bridging between
the EMF/GMF community and the MIC/GME community
- the MoDisco component intended to federate a lot of efforts in the domain of
"Model Driven Reverse Engineering"
- etc.

Playing its role of research incubator for EMP,
some GMT components may also find their
way to other EMP projects.

There are also some GMT components that were historically
quite important at some time in the creation of the
project and that are currently no more active.

This is the case for example for the Fuut-je component.
I have suggested archiving this component, and this
has been accepted by its main contributor.
Unless somebody disagrees, we are
going to move on with this decision quite soon.
We will open an archived components in the GMT
project where unactive elements will be stored.

I understand that the process for component archival is much
more simple than for project archival and that no additional
administrative Eclipse
decision/step is necessary. We will follow this process for future
component archiving.

I take this opportunity to warmly thank Ghica van Emde Boas who contributed
the Fuut-je component and who has been so active and so helpful
in the initial creation of the GMT project.

Best regards,

Jean

--
See you in June 2007 in Zurich for the TOOLS conference:

Back to the top