[modeling-pmc] FW: M2M Proposal Status

Forwarding, as it didn't seem to make it to the mailing list.

- Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Braker, Peter [mailto:Peter.Braker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tue 10/17/2006 7:32 AM
To: Richard Gronback; PMC members mailing list
Cc: Bast, Wim
Subject: RE: M2M Proposal Status

Rich,

We've discussed focus and priorities for the M2M project here at
Compuware a bit. Originally we intended to create an open QVT-core
implementation first. Now we're reconsidering, because that would take
many months. Instead, we propose that we focus on the M2M
infrastructure, into which we want to plug in the commercial OptimalJ
QVT-core implementation.

Having ATL as another model transformation engine to plug in to this
framework would be excellent, as it would validate that the framework
can handle implementations from different origins. With ATL being a very
well known open source M2M-transformer it would be a very valuable
addition in itself.

I have been reallocated to another commercial release project for a few
weeks. That delays me a bit, but despite that, I intend to write up a
presentation for creation review this month, which I'll then send to you
for internal review in the Modeling project first.

Regards,

    -Peter.