[mobile-iwg] Action Items and Minutes of the Face 2 Face Meeting

Thanks everyone for attending the F2F meeting at EclipseCon.
We had a very good turn-out, especially considering we were competing with the Eclipse Board meeting. (Apologies to all who had conflicts there)

In attendance:
* RIM: Cassidy Gentle, Daniel Mteescu, Jon Deardon, Ken Wallis, Adam Abramski * Mot: Dino Brusco, Christian Kurzke, Lori Fraleigh, Eric Cloninger, Eric Hildum, Gustavo Paula, Diego
* Craig Setera
* S-E: Not attending
* Symbian Foundation: Lars
* Genuitec: Wayne Parrott
* IBM: Not attending
* Nokia: Ronnie King
* Eclipse: Ian Skerett, Nathan

I posted a draft of the Minutes (Credits to Dino for taking notes - i merged the notes in the appropriate section in the Agenda)

The most important next step is to get started on the action items.

I ask everyone who has a action item assigned to give an estimate when they expect to deliver 1) a first draft and 2) a final version of their assignment.
I will then start a matrix to track our progress so we do not drop the ball.

Here is a consolidated list copied from:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMIWG/Face2Face-EclipseCon2009#Wrap_Up.2C_Action_Items_.2811:45-12:00.29

Action Item #1 (Dino) to provide update from IP Advisory committee on the issues: IP separation using P2 servers? is Eclipse ok to link/refer to vendor servers

Action Item #2 (Dino) to lead formation of Pulsar Roadmap team responsible for creating and maintaining a roadmap document/wiki. Dino and Christian to put strawman on wiki. Need Volunteers to participate .

Action Item #3 (Ian) to lead sub-team on web content creation

* phase 1 (prior to release of Pulsar Platform): Web site could be descriptive of SDK providers in Pulsar Beta;
* Add Pulsar Overview preso to Pulsar micro-site. – Dino & Ian

Action Item #4 (Craig) Work with the Technical Workstream to define next steps

Action Item #5 (Wayne/Genuitec) Provide update on P2 project (Genuitec has 2 committers) on p2 tooling for creation of metadata for sdk executables.

Action Item #6 (Ian) do p2 users expect polling for updates turned off as default? How do other Packages handle this? (Default on or off)

Phase 1 Beta Release Option: Could embed url’s to sdks in pulsar beta release. Pulsar would be pre-packaged with urls of SDK providers (p2 discovery would be done in phase 2)

Action Item #7 (Ian) post on the maillist a description of the Phase 1 Option of embedded URLs and ask if any other members (beside RIM and Motorola) are interested in participating in the beta release and, if so, provide the names of the technical resources to be assigned. Final list required by April 15th.

Action Item #8 (Gustavo/Christian) – Provide a draft of the “Pulsar Guidelines for SDK providers”. This document would outline, the technical requirements, testing and support requirements, and delivery processes for each new release/update of an SDK. Include a checklist with criteria to add new sdk providers.

Action Item # 9 (Christian) – Provide a draft of the “Pulsar Guidelines for the Pulsar Packaged Distribution”. This is from the perspective of the Pulsar server. This document would outline, the technical requirements, testing and support requirements, and posting processes for each new release/update of the Pulsar packaged distribution. Could the EPP have a model for this process?

Action Item #10 (Gustavo) – provide a description (and effort estimate) for a minimal QuickInstall view for the Phase 1 beta release. There would be no Pulsar server (embedded URLs). Could add links to SDK providers’ sites for developer log-ins.

Again, thanks everyone for joining the meeting.

Christian

Back to the top