Re: [mihini-dev] Fwd: Building Mihini 0.9

Hi,

the Lua M3DA web server was mainly used before there was a real Java one available at AirVantage, hence its state of disrepair. I've fixed an incorrect check in the web server, which will allow the web server part to work. The M3DA-specific part still has issues, mainly because we changed the way sessions were handled, in a way that's not friendly to server implementation (we're only an M3DA client). The easiest way to test is with an free AirVantage trial account. If you don't want your project to be deployed through AirVantage, there's a Java M3DA connector available open-source.

Lua: we use Lua 5.1.4 + some minor patches, but we embed our own Lua interpreter. That's the standard way in Lua: the interpreter is so tiny that you'd better bring your own than navigate the usual DLL hell.

Setup: once you've build the project, you'll find the running script in runtime/start.sh (it's just setting a couple of paths before launching Lua). For tests, look at tests/build.sh

TCPRemoteServer used to allow remotely controlling a Lua state from Eclipse. We now use a REST API provided by the agent.

Device management: yes, it's currently done through M3DA. There's a special "@sys" asset representing the device, which gives access to many settings.

Back to the top