From:        Guilhem Saurel <gsaurel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        mihini-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        07/23/2013 12:09 PM
Subject:        Re: [mihini-dev] Getting Started with Mihini
Sent by:        mihini-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Le 23/07/2013 16:48, mnerys@xxxxxxxxxx a écrit :
> I am now able to run (and even remotely debug) a Lua application running on Mihini! Thanks a lot!

Great !

> However, I'm using the 0.8 version (the one I got the binaries and installed with the dpkg -i). For some reason, I am still not able to configure the defaultconfig.lua (shell.address property) to make Mihini to accept external connections. Maybe I am missing something really basic. I tried to change the "*" to be the Raspberry Pi IP and also to be 0.0.0.0, hoping that this would make the server to be launched/listening on the right interface, but still no luck.

Well… The defaultconfig.lua in the .deb should work out of the box, with
this "*". This asterix is the right config if you want to accept
everything, so if it still does'nt work, it cames from somewhere else.

But, after changing this setting, do you have restarted Mihini ?

To check it, you can simply write ":agent.config.shell.address" in your
lua shell in telnet.

Also, when you try to open a shell, it should be logged:
$ grep SHELL-INFO /var/log/syslog

> I'll try to evolve on this after I get the updates from the repository (Laurent notified that the modbus issue is gone).

I have updated the packages so that they include Laurent's fix, so you
can download and install again the .deb.

> Anyway, I am making progress and enjoying using Mihini. Later on, it would be great to make some minor suggestions (to the Wiki) to make it even easier for someone to get started. Please let me know how to contribute there.

We are trying to improve it, so if you have any suggestion, you can
begin with this mailing-list

> Thanks,

Thanks for your feedback,

Guilhem Saurel.