Re: [mihini-dev] First steps

Hi,

First, thank you for the great feedback, I’m glad to see you could start easily with Mihini. J

As far as I know, there is  no existing page on how to blink a LED on a Beagle Board using Mihini.

However, we do have a new Lua GPIO module that should help you interacting with LED.
This module will be released with Mihini 0.9, but it is already available in master branch!

You can try this module right now.

You can start by reading this doc:

http://download.eclipse.org/mihini/api/lua/gpio.html

I don’t have a Beagle Board, so I can’t be sure it will work out of the box, but I think it’s worth trying!

What you need to do:

·         Read carefully the requirements at the top of previous GPIO module doc page
This page http://www.armhf.com/index.php/using-beaglebone-black-gpios/ lets me think GPIO access in userspace should be OK.

·         Check Beagleboard user leds are mapped on regular GPIO path
This page http://beaglebone.cameon.net/home/using-the-user-leds lets me think it should be ok. (Look at the table at the end of the page)

·         Build the library: in your Mihini build folder, type :
make gpio

·         Start your application with correct user rights  (you can start by trying root),  load/use GPIO module ( require”gpio” ) and try writing to some GPIOs.

I am really interested having feedbacks from you on that J

Laurent Barthelemy