De : mihini-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mihini-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Oberhuber, Martin
Env
oyé : mercredi 6 mars 2013 19:52
À : Wayne Beaton; mihini-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc : Chris Aniszczyk
Objet : Re: [mihini-dev] Questions regarding the Mihini development process

I’ll be happy to try and help the Mihini project as a mentor, if the team comes up with a question to me.

The current thread seems to lack some context for me so I’m not sure what to say at this point.

In case it helps : What we do at Wind River is make the Open Source Eclipse repositories our master for any Open Source code, then pull from the Open Source repos into proprietary ones for any bridge code / integrations. That “pull” from Eclipse.org master happens automated into a branch in the proprietary git; the branch gets merged manually when needed.

In case a non-committer provides a fix, that fix is typically contributed through Gerrit or the contributor asks a committer to pull from his repo (which may be proprietary). In case of such a pull request, it’s the committer’s responsibility to ensure that the respective contribution is clean and satisfies Eclipse.org due diligence guidelines.

It sounds complex but isn’t really that bad. Essentially, committers work on Eclipse.org repos most of the time, and non-committers ask committers to pull from their repos when needed. Do you think such a process would work for you ?

IP Due Diligence and keeping Eclipse.org repos filled with EPL code only is important.

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6