Re: [mihini-dev] Questions regarding the Mihini development process

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for the feedback.
I'll let the rest of the team answer your concerns, but, regarding:

Can somebody describe for me what is happening in this commit: [2]? What is the "non-free" submodule?

the reason is probably a bad structure of the Git repo. Mihini is internally consumed to build commercial products, and the non-free git submodules contains the extensions needed to make that happen. For the sake of simplifying the build, we ended up putting this submodule inside the Mihini repo, and it probably was a bad call. It most likely should be the other way around, i.e. Mihini consumed in the form of a git submodule of the main Sierra Wireless repository.
I have opened bug 402373 [1] to track the issue, and in the meantime maybe a README.MD at the root of the repo could help clarify the existence of this submodule.

Thanks,
Benjamin

Back to the top