From: mdt.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mdt.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Ed Merks
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 9:52 AM
To: MDT developers
Cc: Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Subject: Re: [mdt.dev] +1 for Miguel Garcia

Kenn,

As far as I understand the process, voting on the component included
voting
for the initial set of commiters, so that vote passed and everything is
done already.   It's time for provision now, not additional voting.
That's
certainly how I've been running the process for EMFT.  After all, how
can a
component be approved and created  that doesn't have a proposed set of
committers?   So I don't see why this additional voting step is needed
now.
In addition, components themselves are the voting blocks, so it's a
chicken
and egg problem to have this vote for the new component, i.e., only
committers on the component can vote to add committers to the component.

I also don't see our (EMF or MDT) components in the portal, so we must
be
missing something that would make the components explicit in the voting
process.

For all these things, I look to Bjorn's guidance.

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

             kenn.hussey@embar

             cadero.com

             (portal on behalf
             of Kenn Hussey)           mdt.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

             Sent by:
cc
             mdt.dev-bounces@e

             clipse.org
Subject
                                       [mdt.dev] +1 for Miguel Garcia

             09/12/2007 09:35

             AM

             Please respond to

              MDT developers

             <mdt.dev@eclipse.

                   org>

+1
Note that the component should be ocltools (was hard-coded to uml2 by
the
portal for some reason).

Voting summary: http://portal.eclipse.org/