Re: [mdt.dev] +1 for Miguel Garcia

Kenn,

As far as I understand the process, voting on the component included voting
for the initial set of commiters, so that vote passed and everything is
done already.   It's time for provision now, not additional voting.  That's
certainly how I've been running the process for EMFT.  After all, how can a
component be approved and created  that doesn't have a proposed set of
committers?   So I don't see why this additional voting step is needed now.
In addition, components themselves are the voting blocks, so it's a chicken
and egg problem to have this vote for the new component, i.e., only
committers on the component can vote to add committers to the component.

I also don't see our (EMF or MDT) components in the portal, so we must be
missing something that would make the components explicit in the voting
process.

For all these things, I look to Bjorn's guidance.

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

             kenn.hussey@embar
             cadero.com
             (portal on behalf                                          To
             of Kenn Hussey)           mdt.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             mdt.dev-bounces@e
             clipse.org                                            Subject
                                       [mdt.dev] +1 for Miguel Garcia

             09/12/2007 09:35
             AM

             Please respond to
              MDT developers
             <mdt.dev@eclipse.
                   org>

+1
Note that the component should be ocltools (was hard-coded to uml2 by the
portal for some reason).

Voting summary: http://portal.eclipse.org/