RE: [mdt-sbvr.dev] Class diagrams of metamodel

Mark,
It looks like you are using the MOF model from the SBVR spec.  Here are the
detailed steps I used.  Others may also use this process to test tools other
than RSM/A.  Support for CMOF files was added only in recent UML2 M5 and M6.

* Download the SBVR MOF model:
http://www.omg.org/spec/SBVR/20070901/SBVR-model.xml

* Rename this file to *.cmof

* Install Eclipse 3.4 M6, including UML2 M6
  (the M5 build almost works, but has one bug where primitive types in CMOF
are not resolved)

* Add the SBVR.cmof file to a project and open with the default UML sample
tree editor

* File > Save As > "SBVR.uml"

* If using RSM/A 7.x, return the file to SBVR.emx and open it.

Mark, I don't understand why you have an error for missing Ecore profile. Do
you have the Modeling feature installed and enabled in RSA?

> I installed RSA 7.1 and tried both the import wizard and
> renaming the .uml
> file extension to .emx.   In both cases, I see a message "Unsupported
> editor input" in the main editor window, and the following error log
> messages:
>
>    Package with uri 'http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/2.1.0/UML' not found.
>    Package with uri 'http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/schemas/Ecore/5' not
>    found.
>    Package with uri 'http://schema.omg.org/spec/MOF/2.0/cmof.xml' not
>    found.
>    Package with uri 'http://schema.omg.org/spec/XMI/2.1' not found.
>
> Maybe I need to import these into my workspace?  Any idea
> exactly which files it wants?

Back to the top