[mdt-sbvr.dev] Introduction

My name is Mark Linehan, and I'm with IBM Research.  I've been involved in
the SBVR specification for the last couple of years, am currently leading a
joint submission team for the OMG's "Date-Time Foundation Vocabulary" RFP
(http://www.omgwiki.org/date-time/doku.php), and have implemented a partial
SBVR prototype.  Some papers that discuss this prototype are available at:

   2nd International Semantic Web Policy Workshop (SWPW'06):
   http://www.l3s.de/~olmedilla/events/2006/SWPW06/programme/paper_02.pdf
   Vocabularies, Ontologies and Rules for The Enterprise (VORTE '07):
   http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/VORTE/files/Lineha_VORTE2007.pdf
   AI Meets Business Rules and Process Management (AAAI '08):
   http://web.fhnw.ch/plattformen/aibr2008/slides/session3_1.pdf

My partial SBVR prototype is based on Eclipse and EMF.  I've gone through
several iterations of some of the "semantic formulation" part of the EMF
model -- and have some comments based on that experience.  I will send
those comments in separate email.

I think an effective EMF model for SBVR will make a real difference to tool
implementors and to interchange among tools.  In turn, that should
encourage the production of SBVR tools, and thus the acceptance of this
standard in the world at large.  That's one reason why I'm getting involved
in this open source effort.
Mark H. Linehan
STSM, Model Driven Business Transformation
IBM Research

phone: (914) 945-1038 or IBM tieline 862-1038
internet: mlinehan@xxxxxxxxxx,

Back to the top