De : Ernesto Posse <eposse@xxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : lundi 26 février 2024 20:48
À : NOYRIT Florian <florian.noyrit@xxxxxx>
Cc : Papyrus Project list <mdt-papyrus.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Objet : Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Bug 582940

Hi Florian,

You are right. I forgot to update the upstream branch to refs/for/master. But I still get a permissions error when pushing with EGit (see below).

——

prohibited by Gerrit: not permitted: create

Counting objects: 446, done

error: branch refs/heads/for/master:

You need 'Create' rights to create new references.

User: eposse

Contact an administrator to fix the permissions

Processing changes: refs: 1

Processing changes: refs: 1

Processing changes: refs: 1, done

——

But I was able to push using the command-line:

git push papyrus-gerrit HEAD:refs/for/master

where papyrus-gerrit is the name I gave to the remote https://eposse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/r/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus.

I did configure my local branch to push to HEAD:refs/for/master, but apparently that’s not what EGit does. For future reference, is there a way to make it work in EGit? I followed the instructions in the Wiki, but they must be outdated or missing something.

By the way, I’ve asked Christian Damus, who wrote that code originally to do the code review. Should I add anyone else who knows about the architecture domains manager/merger?

Thanks

Ernesto Posse