Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Experiences with transposing a NatTable widget

Hi Stephan,

    As Dirk said on the forum, yes we implemented a such feature for Papyrus.

The method org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.nattable.manager.table.NattableModelManager.invertAxis() is called by the handler org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.nattable.handler.InvertAxisHandler to invert user table.

This method just change a Boolean value in our table model, then the listener created by the method  org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.nattable.manager.table.NattableModelManager.createInvertAxisListener() is in charge to exchange the rows lists and the columns lists and others values

in the java classes. Then we need to re-set the whole configuration of NatTable (cell editors are now declared by rows and not by columns, label providers, comparators, filters, ...).

This feature is one of the more complex of our NatTable integration and it works only for "flat" table (we don’t know how to invert tree table yet).

Now, if we have to rewrite this feature in the future, we will try to adapt/complete the NatTable layer org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.InvertedLayer, because we think it will be more clean and more efficient.

Vincent Lorenzo