[mdt-ocl.dev] org.eclipse.ocl.examples.build plug-in

Hi

I'm defining the pivot model as a variant UML merge so generation involves a UML Package Merge and a UML GenModel Reload, giving an excessive number of 'manual' steps. Genmodel for CST models and editor generation also requires too many 'manual' steps that I sometimes forget.

I've therefore been improving the MWE editor generation with a view to providing MWE2 scripts for all major 'manual' stages and a GenerateAll.mwe2 that combines them all.

Since MWE2 scripts have substantial dependencies, I put the editor scripts in the releng plugin for Helios. Now that there are a number of Java helpers too and even more dependencies, the releng plugin does not seem appropriate, so I propose an org.eclipse.ocl.examples.build plugin for all the MWE2 scripts, which should eventually do everything; even LPG once promoted to org.eclipse.ocl.build.

Does this make sense to everyone?

Adolfo; it means all the MWE stuff does not need copying to the Buckminster releng plugin. GenerateAll.mwe2 should be manually invoked to provide revised CVS content, so there is no need for the Buckminster build to invoke it.

When we move to GIT, we might decide that MWE provides a predictable enough complete generator to avoid storing generated files in GIT. I'm not at all sure about this; I have complained about other projects not CVSing generated Java.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top