[mdt-ocl.dev] [Fwd: Re: Important: About IMP and LPG in Eclipse]

Hi Team,

Good news from Robert Fuhrer.

Does anyone have any inconvenience in waiting some weeks, to make the last version of LPG 2.0.18 be into Orbit ?

Cheers,
Adolfo.
Hi Adolfo,

[Apologies for not having responded to your newsgroup post; it's been
a particularly intense work period for me the last couple of weeks.]

Although v2.0.17 is the latest LPG version at the moment, v2.0.18 is
due out fairly soon (so says Philippe Charles, the primary author),
and has some potentially very useful improvements in the area of error
recovery.

As a result, I've been delaying the initiation of another CQ for LPG
in hopes of avoiding doing two in rapid succession.

I've also been intending to get LPG into Orbit, since as you say it's
useful to a wider audience than just IMP users.

Also, although v2.0.17 is mostly a bug-fix release over 2.0.16, it
includes one fairly significant fix to the runtime (as I recall, it
resolves a bug causing the parser driver to hang on certain erroneous
inputs). As a result, I believe 2.0.17+ is a better candidate for
Orbit than 2.0.16.

As of his latest communication, Philippe believes 2.0.18 will be
released within the next few weeks. If that's too long a delay given
your project's constraints, let me know, and I'll start a 2.0.17 CQ,
and perhaps you can initiate the Orbit process once that's in place.

On Sep 3, 2009, at 1:52 PM, Adolfo Sánchez-Barbudo Herrera wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> I'm not sure if I have made any presentation before, so let me do
> it... I'm Adolfo Sanchez-Barbudo Herrera, an employee of a company
> in the Canary Islands (Spain), called Open Canarias. I'm currently
> working as committer in a couple of projects in Eclipse: MDT-OCL (An
> Eclipse Modeling subproject) which has been using LPG since some
> years ago, and Orbit, the official project in which all third party
> plugins reside.
>
> I'm privately mailing to you, because as the IMP project leader I
> guess we may stablish some collaborations. I have tried to contact
> you or any mate of the IMP team via the newsgroup with no luck, so I
> have decided to directly mail you.
> One of the goals of the MDT-OCL project for Helios release, is
> adopting and aligning with the last version of LPG, which, AFAIU, is
> 2.0.17. In order to achieve this, an official Eclipse project must
> have their third party plugins as bundles in the Eclipse's Orbit
> project. To do this several IP legal process must be solved, and the
> third party library must be converted in a suitable bundle in the
> Orbit project.
>
> I have already checked that you have raised a CQ against LPG v
> 2.0.16, which has already been accepted. This is pretty good,
> however, the bundle is not in the Orbit repository yet. Fortunately,
> I could help in this task since I have been granted with privileges
> to create and commit Orbit's bundles. On the other hand, I have been
> working on the last LPG v 2.0.17 version, which I don't really know
> how it differs with the previous one. So, we could decide which is
> the proper LPG version which would be included in the Orbit,  LPG
> v2.0.16 or LPG c2.0.17 ?
>
> I could work on v2.0.16 to include it Orbit right know since it has
> already been approved in CQ. If you would be happy to have
> LPGv2.0.17 in Orbit, we should previously solve the IP process.
>
> Please, let me know about your interests on having 2.0.16 or 2.0.17
> in Orbit.

Cheers,
 - Bob

--