Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] Unwieldy Copyright Notices

All,

On behalf of Obeo, I'm perfectly fine with being within the "and others" part, as long as newly created files have their copyright set to "copyright (c) <original contributor's company> and others"... but I believe that's never been questionned here :).

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

Ed Willink a écrit :
Hi Christian and All

OK, let's see if anyone has such a strict policy.

Adolfo, on behalf of Open Canarias, is happy to see Open Canarias in the contributor line.

Working in my own time, I do not require Thales mentioned at all. I am the initial author of
a couple of files that show IBM copyright.

? Borland

? Obeo

Christian: do/did Zeligsoft require/merit the top line credit. Can we revert to the initial copyright holder only recommendation of http://www.eclipse.org/legal/copyrightandlicensenotice.php?

    Regards

       Ed Willink

Kenn Hussey wrote:
Ed,

I agree that, in principle, only the companies receiving "top line credit" should be those that have made the most significant contribution to a given source file... but some companies have restrictions governing their copyright which might require explicit mention. I don't think an entry in the list of contributions is sufficient to identify copyright, so in such cases both may be required.

As a rule of thumb, I'd lead toward listing the original author (company) as the only named copyright holder unless the company has a strict policy (as described above), in which case it should also be explicitly listed. As for entries in the list of contributions, I think they should always be included, although some projects (e.g. EMF) are hesitant to do so...

Cheers,

Kenn