Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] Backwards compatibility for MDT OCL

Hi Alex

When do we plan to make the name 3.0.0?

Every project that uses MDT-OCL will need to update its versioning. I was surprised how painful this was when
playing with test plug-ins.

If we change for M1 with no API change having actually occurred, and change APIs bit by bit in M2, M3, M4. M5, we risk confusion and obscure mismatches of builds for users who allow CVS checkouts to persist across
milestones.

I think it would be a good idea to prepare and discuss all our API changes, but hold back making any actual change till perhaps M3 when we do as much of the API change as possible in one go.

   Regards

      Ed

Alexander Igdalov wrote:
Team,

I have created a branch named OCL_2_0_support for backwards compatibility with MDT OCL 1.3.0 in Helios+ releases. Starting from now we can commit changes to HEAD - these modifications will affect MDT OCL 3.0.0 only.
Since Monday I am on holiday. I will get back to work on 13 August. After that I will update the releng and refactor the code so that both implementations do not interfere with each other. Volunteers to perform this task earlier are welcome;-)

Cheers,
mdt-ocl.dev mailing list
mdt-ocl.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx