Re: [mat-dev] Memory Analyzer 1.12 release

I've seen a minor, but annoying problem with the packaging. There isn't a good message when the wrong version of Java is available:

An error has occurred. See the log file

...mat\configuration\1624089588243.log

instead of

Incompatible JVM
Version 1.8.0_291 is not suitable for this product. Version 11 or greater is required.

In config.ini there should be
osgi.requiredJavaVersion=11
or less good, in MemoryAnalyzer.ini
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=11

I though the mat-2021-06.product file would do that, but it seems it does not.

I think we should fix this as having the wrong Java is going to be a common problem.

Andrew Johnson

Unless stated otherwise above: