From:        Andrew Johnson <andrew_johnson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Memory Analyzer Dev list" <mat-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        04/13/2021 02:10 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [mat-dev] Acquire Dumps and Boolean flags
Sent by:        "mat-dev" <mat-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I've made some improvements to acquire dumps allow the use of jcmd to generate dumps – both for HPROF and for the IBM exec dump provider enable chunked zip option for HPROF / export HPROF make the PID column wider for long pids ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
I've made some improvements to acquire dumps

allow the use of jcmd to generate dumps – both for HPROF and for the IBM exec dump provider

enable chunked zip option for HPROF / export HPROF

make the PID column wider for long pids

improved documentation for later JVMs

boolean flags for providers etc. are not now marked as mandatory

improvements in zip/jextract where source and target are the same

progress monitor for zipping

progress monitor for HPROF process listing

Dump parsers now have Eclipse content describers more closely tied to the parsers - so MAT can better identify dumps with the wrong extension.

I also added some more validation for the UI arguments for file names and directories.

I have also tried using a check box for boolean arguments for all queries rather than a combo box with true/false. I think it's slightly clearer but what do you think?

Please have a test of a snapshot build and say what you think.

Andrew Johnson

Unless stated otherwise above: