From: mat-dev [mailto:mat-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Johnson
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2021 9:35 PM
To: Memory Analyzer Dev list
Subject: Re: [mat-dev] Is there a way to load a java dump (.hprof) from version 7u80 into MAT ?

You have a corrupt dump.

I think your dump actually starts with the text 'java_pid30592.hprof' and then a null byte instead of the HPROF eyecatcher.

Compare the file size between when the file is on the Linux machine and the Windows machine.
ls -l java_pid30592.hprof
dir java_pid30592.hprof
Look at the file contents with cat or type to see if it starts the same on both.
cat java_pid30592.hprof
type java_pid30592.hprof
Compare checksums on both machines.
md5sum java_pid30592.hprof
CertUtil -hashfile java_pid30592.hprof MD5

I expect the HPROF file to be megabytes in size.

When you have time, do consider moving up from Windows 7 (not supported since January 14 2020).
Java 7u80 is old too (2015) - consider a new version from AdoptOpenJDK.
MAT version 1.7 is old too (2017)

Regards,

Andrew Johnson

Unless stated otherwise above: