Re: [mat-dev] Combining Thread* queries

Hey Andrew,
The columns could be non-blank for a thread local which is a thread, but that will add overhead to check each child object if it is a subclass of Thread and I don't think it provides much extra value.
Good point on Thread Details -- I submitted a patch to bugzilla which only combines Thread Overview and Thread Stacks: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=200664&action="">
In addition to simplifying the user experience, it also "brings over" the Thread Info context menu item into Thread Stacks

Thanks,
Kevin Grigorenko
IBM WAS SWAT Team
kevin.grigorenko@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Andrew Johnson ---08/01/2011 02:36:03 AM---The thread details view does provide more information thanAndrew Johnson ---08/01/2011 02:36:03 AM---The thread details view does provide more information than the overview + stacks as for example it

Andrew Johnson <andrew_johnson@xxxxxxxxxx>

Memory Analyzer Dev list <mat-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

08/01/2011 02:36 AM

Re: [mat-dev] Combining Thread* queries

Sent by:

mat-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The thread details view does provide more information than the overview + stacks as for example it includes native stack traces from DTFJ dumps. It can also show information from the request resolver. The readFully parameter from org.eclipse.mat.inspections.threads.ThreadInfoImpl.build(IObject, boolean readFully, IProgressListener) triggers extraction of the extra data. I think this means we need to keep the thread details view.

Combining the thread overview and thread stacks views could be possible though. What happens if the thread local is also a thread - should it have blank columns as a child row, or should the entries be filled in as it is a thread?

Andrew Johnson

Unless stated otherwise above: