From:        Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        mat-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        07/12/2010 21:42
Subject:        [mat-dev] Problems trying to build MAT from source...
Sent by:        mat-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I tried to build mat on my machine but ran into a few build errors that
I wanted to pass on.  Would be great to get past them. ;)

1.  The first one is more of annoyance.  Every time I try running the
root project ./build.sh, it tries to download
eclipse-SDK-3.6-linux-gtk-ppc.tar.gz (which seems to take a long time
and probably contains more than we need).  The attached patch might help
a little.

     [get] Getting:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.6-201006080911/eclipse-SDK-3.6-linux-gtk-ppc.tar.gz
     [get]
To: /home/smarlow/work/p2tool/eclipse-SDK-3.6-linux-gtk-ppc.tar.gz
.
.
.
  [delete] Deleting directory /home/smarlow/work/p2tool/eclipse
   [untar]
Expanding: /home/smarlow/work/p2tool/eclipse-SDK-3.6-linux-gtk-ppc.tar.gz into /home/smarlow/work/p2tool/eclipse

downloadDeltaPack:
     [get] Getting:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.6-201006080911/eclipse-3.6-delta-pack.zip
     [get] To: /home/smarlow/work/p2tool/eclipse-3.6-delta-pack.zip
.
.
.
   [unzip]
Expanding: /home/smarlow/work/p2tool/eclipse-3.6-delta-pack.zip
into /home/smarlow/work/p2tool/eclipse-delta-pack
    [java] Generating metadata for ..
    [java] Generation completed with success [3 seconds].
.
.
.

2.  The build then downloads various artifacts and ends with an error
"Failed to execute goal
org.codehaus.mojo:findbugs-maven-plugin:2.3:findbugs (default-cli) on
project org.eclipse.mat.report".  I'm not sure why findbugs is having
trouble.

The build output from the (near) end part is here:
http://www.pastie.org/1356890

Also, I have the following environment settings:

ANT_HOME=/home/smarlow/tools/apache-ant-1.8.1
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64
M2_HOME=/home/smarlow/tools/apache-maven-3.0

Regards,
Scott

[attachment "prepare-dep-repos.patch" deleted by Andrew Johnson/UK/IBM] _______________________________________________
mat-dev mailing list