From: Denis Roy [mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Montag, 24. Januar 2011 20:16
To: Tsvetkov, Krum
Subject: Deprecate and terminate blogs.eclipse.org?

Dear Eclipse Blogs user,

Nearly four years ago, an Eclipse-hosted blogging service was requested
(see bug 179857) and set up.  The original premise was to allow committers
to blog under the umbrella of the EPL and the Eclipse.org's site Terms
of Usage.

In reality, none of the original requesters actually use the Eclipse
blogging service.  blogs.eclipse.org only has 66 blogs, while a large
number of them are several years stale.

Since blogs.eclipse.org is in dire need of an upgrade and a fresh, modern
theme, I can't help but think my time would be better spent supporting
infrastructure that committers actually use.  Therefore, I am proposing
we deprecate, and ultimately delete blogs.eclipse.org.

Please do not respond to this email directly, but feel free to voice
your opinions and concerns on bug http://bugs.eclipse.org/335231

Thanks!

Denis

Back to the top