RE: [mat-dev] Web-enabled MAT

Andrew, thanks for the introduction and Krum, thanks for the welcome!

As Andrew mentioned I work with a team that develops a variety of troubleshooting tools and one of those is the Memory Analyzer desktop application. Lately we've started to Web enable some of our diagnostic tools and since Memory Analyzer is quickly becoming the most widely used heap analysis tool within IBM and with our customers my team would like to feature a Web enabled Memory Analyzer.

For a few months now I've been following the activity on using RAP to Web enable MAT. My knowledge so far has come from a video of Markus Kohler and Benjamin Muskalla demoing both the rich client and the Web client, attending the Single Sourcing RCP and RAP tutorial, and reading Benjamin's paper on Patterns for Single-sourcing RCP and RAP applications.

>From what I've seen so far it sounds like the Web enabled version of MAT is very close to being completed and that there are just a few more issues to work out before letting the larger community try it out. Krum, since you and Markus seem as eager as I am I'd like to see if you would be up for our teams collaborating to put on the final touches.

Benjamin, what do you think? Would you all like to work together to finish up the single sourcing of MAT and contribute it back to the community?

Russell B. Wright, rbwright@xxxxxxxxxx
603-472-4173, TL 373-3484
IBM Support Assistant Tools Deployment Manager

Collaborate with WebSpherians from around the world at WebSphere.org and join the Online Support Virtual Community.
Find resources, tools and techniques for supporting WebSphere products at The WebSphere Support Authority.
Get diagnostic tools for IBM Support Assistant and stay up-to-date on Twitter.

Inactive hide details for "Tsvetkov, Krum" ---06/30/2010 03:50:27 AM---Hi, It's nice to see more people interested in the proje"Tsvetkov, Krum" ---06/30/2010 03:50:27 AM---Hi, It's nice to see more people interested in the project and ready to help - welcome! I hope we ha

From: "Tsvetkov, Krum" <krum.tsvetkov@xxxxxxx>
To: Memory Analyzer Dev list <mat-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/30/2010 03:50 AM
Subject: RE: [mat-dev] Web-enabled MAT
Sent by: mat-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

It's nice to see more people interested in the project and ready to help - welcome! I hope we have been and will be a pretty open project, so feel free to post any questions and suggestions or any form of feedback using this mailing list, our forum or Bugzilla.

I personally find the information in our "contributors' corner" is rather limited and will be very interested to get some feedback on what could be improved to let someone who is interested in the project easily start with it.

About web-enabled MAT - I was able to talk shortly to Benjamin on the Eclipse Demo Camp in Walldorf a week ago. I find it really great that we will be able to get some concrete code change suggestions and advises directly from the experts. Looking forward to this.

Krum

Krum Tsvetkov
SAP AG
www.sap.com