[mat-dev] Help understanding reports

Pardon, I am not sure where the mat-users list is so I'll ask here (first). If this is not the proper mailing list, kindly direct me to the correct one and sorry.

Anyway, my problem:
My report stated that my java.lang.Thread for my resin tcp connection has a retained heap of 1 billion (I'm guessing 'byte' is the unit of measurements) or 89%, but the children under it won't even total 100M . Q#1.) Does that mean that the remaining 900M retained heap of my resin tcp connection is composed of a bunch of other classes that are too insignificant to be shown?

Q#2.) Also, is this a 99% indication of memory leak (because the offending Class is a Thread of resin tcp connection that holds 89% of the retained heap but only less than 100M of which are shown in the report) ?

Franz Allan Valencia See | Java Software Engineer
franz.see@xxxxxxxxx
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/franzsee

Back to the top