[m2m-iwg] Democamps this week

All,

I am happy to report that I did the greenhouse demo (the original version using MQTT) at three democamps this week: Frankfurt, Walldorf and Zurich. Unfortunately, the demo gods caught up to me in Zurich and I had no network (it was in a basement, and I was relying on my smartphone hotspot). But Frankfurt and Walldorf went really well. I didn't have enough baggage space to carry a greenhouse, so I just used an LED to demonstrate the interactive capability.

A couple of things that worked well:
  • I used a webcam so that I could use the large screen to show everyone the gear and sensors.
  • I had someone in the audience running my Android tablet, and I used the Corona simulator on my laptop. That way the audience could see the the Android app on the large screen, and see both "devices" updating one another as we toggled the light on and off.
I used the attached slides to help explain the scenario.

I will probably be doing this as my stock demo in my travels  for the next little while. I do want to try to figure out a way to weave Orion into the story.
--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx