Re: [m2m-iwg] AXEDA Comments on MQTT contribution to ECLIPSE PAHO & OASIS

All,

Thanks a lot for the update. I was about to ask about Paho as opposed to the Lua tools earlier, but had to re-subscribe due to that strange GMX mail bug with Eclipse.org.
At the moment, it doesn't look like there's a Paho or Java/C related M2M package under the Kepler release train, or did I miss something?

Should it still be part of those trains, how about Eclipse for Mobile Developers: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-mobile-developers/junosr1

It contains both C and Java support, so it might be a good foundation for Paho.

Not sure, what's it with OASIS? It is mentioned a few time, but the message does not refer directly to anything by OASIS.

There is of course an OASIS standard, UnitsML often used as transfer format to the UCUM standard and codes: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=unitsml

Interesting, so while MQTT isn't an OASIS standard, it looks like AMQP is about to become one?;-)
Those of you dealing with OASIS might have seen this comparison then: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/amqp/201202/msg00086/StormMQ_WhitePaper_-_A_Comparison_of_AMQP_and_MQTT.pdf

Werner

Back to the top