Re: [m2m-iwg] Information on MQTT/HTTP bridges and ideas

Just to re-inject some life to this thread, Toby has posted the code behind sensemote - https://github.com/jobytaffey/mqtt-http-server

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Ian Skerrett <ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Marco

Thank you for sharing. I see no problem sharing what is being done with commercial products. In fact, if we are all going to learn, we need more sharing about what companies are doing in this space. IMHO

Ian

From: m2m-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:m2m-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carrer, Marco
Sent: September-26-12 12:38 PM

To: m2m Industry Working Group
Subject: Re: [m2m-iwg] Information on MQTT/HTTP bridges and ideas

For what it's worth, we have a similar solution included in the Eurotech Everyware Cloud.

Device data can be equivalently published via MQTT or REST APIs.

Device data can be retrieved in real-time through MQTT subscriptions or AsyncREST/Comet subscriptions based on topic wild-card syntax defined by MQTT.

In addition, historical data can be queried only via REST APIs.

Here is a link to the related REST APIs documentation:

I apologize for the "unethical" advertising of a commercial product in an open source mailing list;

I am passing this along in case it may help the conversation with another example of MQTT<->HTTP/REST bridging.

-Marco