Re: [m2m-dev] [ATL] memory leaks without extent.unload()

Op zaterdag 16 februari 2008, schreef Frédéric Jouault:
> Hello,
>
> > Recently, the call to extent.unload() was removed from
> > ASMEMFModel.dispose() for performance reasons. Without this call,
> > however, I experience a memory leak. When loading large UML2 models (+-
> > 50MB in memory), I don't recover that memory afterwards. This problem
> > occurs for UML2 2.1.1.
> >
> > Does anyone else experience such memory leaks?
>
> It seems that I am experiencing a memory leak. However it seems
> unrelated to the call to unload() in ASMEMFModel.dispose(): it happens
> whether this call is present or not.

I really notice a difference.

> Because I am using ant scripts, I tend to believe that the leak is
> somewhere there. Moreover, I can see many occurrences of "Adding AM3
> ant log handler" (several for each task). Also, the output message of
> the ACG build appears three times instead of one.

You should have seen only one such message for every ant run on the ATL
console. After the Ant run, you should see the message "Removed AM3 ant log
handler".

Can you verify that your ant script is only executed once and whether you get
the "Removed AM3 ant log handler" message or not?

> Did you run your transformation from an ant script?

I do. I have also verified that dispose() is called on all models after an Ant
run.