[m2m-atl-dev][ATL] API changes in HEAD

Hi ATL commiters,

As I have said to Dennis last week, I plan to commit several changes
on the HEAD branch in order to prepare the next ATL version. These
changes mainly consist of an API, which centralizes ATL launch
utilities. The initial goal of this work was to decouple ATL VM and
UI, and to provide a generic API for both RegularVM and EMFVM
launching in order to avoid rewriting the same tools for both VMs.
Here are the main new features:

 * EMFVM & RegularVM compatibility
 * in-place refining mode support
 * injectors, extractors, model extensibility

And here is what will come soon:

 * atl ant tasks, based on old AM3 ant tasks
 * atl command line utility
 * programmatic launch examples, based on the new api

As explained here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Version_Numbering#When_to_change_the_major_segment
The next ATL release will be 3.0.0, as the new API replaces some old
launch utilities.

Here are the changes in ATL source code:

 * 4 new plugins:
       o     org.eclipse.m2m.atl.core: the api definition and tools
       o     org.eclipse.m2m.atl.core.emf: the api specification for EMF
       o     org.eclipse.m2m.atl.core.ui: the api launch
         configuration definition (was initially in
         org.eclipse.m2m.atl.adt.debug)
       o     org.eclipse.m2m.atl.core.ui.vm: the api adapter
         launching the RegularVM

 * 3 plugin change:
       o     org.eclipse.m2m.atl.adt.debug: removed all launching
         packages, now this plugin is dedicated to debug the RegularVM
       o     org.eclipse.m2m.atl.engine.emfvm: adapted to the new API
       o     org.eclipse.m2m.atl.tests: adapted to the new API

There are also changes at the ADT level, as I merged some plugins into
one and reorganized UI features:

 * 2 new plugins:
       o     org.eclipse.m2m.atl.adt: was initially
         org.eclipse.m2m.atl.adt.builder
       o     org.eclipse.m2m.atl.adt.ui: perspective, wizards
 * 4 unused plugins, which will be removed
       o     org.eclipse.m2m.atl.adt.builder
       o     org.eclipse.m2m.atl.adt.wizards
       o     org.eclipse.m2m.atl.adt.perspective

Feel free to comment about these changes and give your opinion!

Best regards,

William

begin:vcard
fn:William Piers
n:Piers;William
org:Obeo
adr:2 rue Robert Schumann;;lot 24;NANTES;;44408;France
email;internet:william.piers@xxxxxxx
title:MDA Consultant
tel;work:+33 (0)2 51 13 51 82
tel;cell:+33 (0)6 20 31 75 98