[m2m-atl-dev] Plan to merge ATL_Dynamic_ResourceSet branch with HEAD

Dear devs,

Some time ago, I've created the ATL_Dynamic_ResourceSet branch to deal with the problem I've stated in my e-mail to this list of September 23rd, 2008. As I've done all the testing I could manage, I think it's time to open up this code to all ATL developers. I've you've any objections, please let me know as soon as possible. Otherwise, I plan to go ahead with the merge next week.

Main changes:
* Models are no longer loaded via an AtlModelHandler. Instead, use an AtlModelHandler to create a ModelLoader instance. It is recommended to use only one ModelLoader instance per handler type. After you're done with running ATL on the loaded models, you can just let go of the ModelLoader instance and the garbage collector takes care of the rest. * A call to Resource#unload() has been reintroduced in the UML model handler to avoid memory leak. I've found no leak in the ATL code and this leak also does not occur for any other meta-model than UML.

Kind regards,
Dennis Wagelaar

Back to the top