Re: [m2m-atl-dev] EMF VM

In fact, the launching facilities I was talking about doesn't includes the debugger information, which is actually also missing in the EMFVM... we plan to do it soon, but actually if you really want to adapt your profiler on the emfvm, you will need to modify the ExecEnv class, as a patch for the current EMFVM. As for the profiler, any contributions are welcome, but I know it could be hard... don't hesitate to ask further.

At least the launching facilities may become an abstract ATLVM interface which will provide any informations for launching, profiling, debugging... in order to avoid the kind of problems you have (I mean to be forced to refactor your work for each VM). And that's why your work is interesting, it gives us more information about the future contract of the launching interface.

Best Regards,

William

Arnaud GIULIANI a écrit :
William Piers a écrit :
At this time the emfvm is launched using dependently of org.eclipse.m2m.atl.debug (see class /org.eclipse.m2m.atl.engine.emfvm/src/org/eclipse/m2m/atl/engine/emfvm/AtlEMFSpecificVM.java). This solution will probably change in the future, so you better have to inspirate from this code : /org.eclipse.m2m.atl.examples/src/org/eclipse/m2m/atl/examples/EMFVMLauncher.java

Those launching facilities will be soon refactored in order to provide them directly in the VMs. The last class I reference is a kind of temporary "workaround" so I advise you to copy it into your solution instead of make a dependency on org.eclipse.m2m.atl.examples. At least this class (or a better interface) will be integrated in an other plugin.

If I understand, the EMFVMLauncher.java class helps to launch the VM. But what I need is to declare a new one. I saw that the code is launched from the ASM.java class (EMFVM). But it seems to need modifications in the ExecEnv to add debugger information ... It's not possible for me if I want to be "ad-hoc" with ATL. Shouldn't it be better to wait for the refactoring of these launching facilities ?

Thank you for your answers.

Best Regards,

Arnaud GIULIANI.

begin:vcard
fn:William Piers
n:Piers;William
org:Obeo
adr:2 rue Robert Schumann;;lot 24;NANTES;;44408;France
email;internet:william.piers@xxxxxxx
title:MDA Consultant
tel;work:+33 (0)2 51 13 51 82
tel;cell:+33 (0)6 20 31 75 98