[m2e-users] Run As Maven Build vs. Eclipse auto build

Hi,

I've observed many builds failing in situations that *might* have been
caused by bad interaction between an explicit build triggered by
"Run As ... > Maven build ..." and the Eclipse auto build.

Since I don't have hard evidence of this, I'd like to ask:
Is m2e supposed to avoid such conflicts?

If this is not (yet) handled, wouldn't it make sense if invoking
"Run As ... > Maven build ..." would temporarily disable automatic
builds? Should I file an RFE?

So far I keep recommending to manually disable "build automatically"
during an explicit maven build, but that's quite inconvenient and
too easy to forget (or to forget re-enabling when maven is done).

cheers,
Stephan

Back to the top