Re: [m2e-users] Maven project cache size in ProjectRegistryManager

Yes, if we could identify the root cause and fix it, that would be ideal.

I think what we are seeing is the same as the one reported on stackoverflow.com five months ago with the title 'Eclipse hangs on “verifying launch attributes” in large Maven projects'.

As it is mentioned in the stackoverflow.com post, the "Read Maven project" log messages appear every time I start JUnit/program, like

>> DEBUG o.e.m.c.internal.embedder.MavenImpl - Reading Maven project: /.../pom.xml
>> :
>> DEBUG o.e.m.c.internal.embedder.MavenImpl - Read Maven project: /.../pom.xml in 4437 ms

Since I have many of Maven projects in my development workspace, the sum of these "reading times" can be larger.

It looks like the MavenImpl#readMavenProject method is used to read Maven projects and actual builds (or something very time-consuming) take place eventually when projects have dependencies on some projects loaded in Eclipse workspace.

When the build was already done, I also assume reading projects should be completed almost immediately.

Tami Takamiya

m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/11/2015 09:35:15 AM:

> From: Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> To: m2e-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: 06/11/2015 09:35 AM
> Subject: Re: [m2e-users] Maven project cache size in ProjectRegistryManager
> Sent by: m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> m2e 1.4 almost certainly won't run on eclipse 4.4 due to some
> changes in equinox iirc. and more generally, we only test m2e with
> single target eclipse version, so m2e 1.5 was tested with eclipse 4.
> 4 and m2e 1.6 with eclipse 4.5.

> as for classpath caching, that was just an example, I will really
> need to understand why launching is slow for your project before we
> can discuss how to make it fast. as far as I can tell, this works
> well for vast majority of users.

> --
> Regards,
> Igor