Re: [m2e-users] Cannot read lifecycle mapping metadata

Hi,

On 11/21/14 12:24 PM, radiatejava wrote:
Hello Eclipse/Maven users
I have Eclipse Kepler release 2, Apache Maven 2.2.1, JDK1.6.0_12 on
RHEL 6.4. I am getting this error and not able to get rid of it:

Cannot read lifecycle mapping metadata for artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:maven-plugin:3.0:runtime
Cause: error in opening zip file

This error sounds more like a problem with network/proxy etc. in downloading artifacts ...which means you have currupted artifacts in your local repository...

The first thing you should do is delete the folder ${HOME}/.m2/repositor/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin

and retry to build on command line first and afterwards reimport your project into Eclipse...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Back to the top